Blogger Template by Blogcrowds


I'm fairly new to the world of blogging, notice the colorfulness of my site :-) even though I love to write, blogging is like a new world and whole new level I have never been before. Anyway, I've been away the last couple of days and I couldn't think of anything to write but just as I thought I lost interest in this whole new hobby of mine, my friend Nanie just gave me inspiration. How amazing can one shy person be so very vocal when it comes to blogging. It always fascinates me how one person can be transformed through writing. Me, I have always enjoyed expressing my thoughts not vocally because most of the time I'm out of words but I have been a free gal when it comes to writing. So this entry anyway is not about her or me but its about an article, that my friend Nanie found and I'm so glad that I found it too because I want to share it with you. It's a very good read, far from all the pessimistic point of view of other foreigners in our homeland. This one gave me a good laugh for being a Filipino not in a sarcastic kinda way but in a proud-that-I-am-a-Filipino kinda way. Because I have always felt inferior in terms of our country and our culture. I have never been a person who love to claim that I'm from the Philippines. I work in a call centre and most of the time I have never been confident in telling Americans over the phone that they're not speaking to someone from any part of the state but from a third country like Philippines. See, there I was again, claiming right there and then how lowly our country is and pardon me for my behavior. Well, with all the things going on, who can blame me right? Well, reading this article kinda change me on how I feel about my homeland. Reading it from a British man's point of view made me realize that if someone so foreign can appreaciate our country, how much more from someone who'd live all her life in this land. So much for my intro, let me share this good read and enlighten you more about what I'm really saying and I hope you'll enjoy it too. Read on, pals, go to this link here -> http://sherliez.com/2008/05/24/matter-of-taste/ .

4 comments:

This comment has been removed by the author.

28 September 2008 at 08:57  

Hi May!!!

Thanks for linking my post on your site. :)

Be proud to be a Pinay! You go GuRL! Hehe Though we have tanned skins... our type of skin's the easiest to manage and not prone to wrinkles! Hope to see more posts from you! Take it easy lang. Ingat!

sherliez
http://sherliez.com

28 September 2008 at 08:59  

Thanks po for dropping a comment...Appreciate it..ikaw pla ung sherliez...heheheh...nice blog..

28 September 2008 at 10:44  

nice post... Happy blogging!
sikat ka sherliez...

28 October 2008 at 08:19  

Newer Post Older Post Home